Maintaining your mental health is an essential component of overall good health. One of the best ways to take care of your mental health is to practice self-care. Self-care includes taking time to do things that bring you happiness and improve your mood.
While self-care looks different for everyone, here are a few tips to consider as you begin your journey:
- Exercise. Exercise releases endorphins, which are hormones in your body that improve your mood. Walking, running, weight lifting and other activities can have a positive effect on your mental health. Find something you enjoy.
- Get restful sleep. Create a sleep schedule and stick to it, even on your days off. You may want to incorporate a nighttime routine that includes skincare, a bubble bath or a cup of Having a regular pattern each night helps you get more restful sleep and may improve your mood upon waking the next day.
- Eat healthy foods and stay hydrated. Drink lots of water throughout the day and try to choose foods that healthily fuel your body. Finding new recipes that include nutritious foods can be a fun and engaging way to improve your diet.
- Reach out to family, friends and co-workers. Human connection is essential to your mental health since it can boost your mood and provide emotional support. Consider getting together with co-workers outside of work, calling a family member or scheduling coffee or dinner with friends.
- Find activities that help you relax. Whether reading a book, trying a new yoga routine or spending time outside, try to find a few activities that let you calm your mind. An escape from the constant busyness of life can also help improve your mental
This infographic is intended for informational purposes only and is not intended to be exhaustive, nor should any discussion or opinions be construed as professional advice. Readers should contact a health professional for appropriate advice. © 2022 Zywave, Inc. All rights reserved.
Learn how our PEO Partnership can help your group please contact us at email@example.com or (855)667-4621.
Put You & Your Employees in Good Hands
Get In Touch
For more information on PEOs or a customized quote please submit your contact. We will be in touch ASAP.