On Friday, June 5, President Trump signed the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Flexibility Act, clearing the way for more flexibility and forgiveness of the loans made through the PPP. Originally these loans, which were part of the CARES Act, were provided to help business owners cover payroll costs, rent, and utilities.
The newly enacted legislation states that:
- Business owners now have 24 weeks to spend funds (up from eight weeks)
- Business owners only need to spend 60% of the loan on payroll costs (down from 75%)
- The covered period of the loan now ends December 31 instead of June 30
- Business owners won’t have to make employer payroll tax payments through the end of 2020
- The business will not lose any loan forgiveness eligibility if it can show that some employees declined to return to their jobs or the pre-pandemic headcount is no longer required
- The payback period for new loan applicants has been extended from two years to a minimum of five for those not seeking, or who are ineligible, for forgiveness
If you’d like to find out more about how you can get better benefits so your employees use them when they need to, we’d like to show you how. Please contact us using form below or firstname.lastname@example.org or 855-667-4621.
The information provided on this website is intended for informational purposes only. Millennium Medical Solutions Corp. does not offer legal or medical guidance. Those with legal or medical questions should seek appropriate assistance from a licensed professional. Stay up to date by signing up for Newsletter and Coronavirus Dashboard below.
Learn how our PEO Partnership can help your group please contact us at email@example.com or (855)667-4621.
Put You & Your Employees in Good Hands
Get In Touch
For more information on PEOs or a customized quote please submit your contact. We will be in touch ASAP.