Empire Strikes Back – 2019 Health Plans
Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield has announced the new Empire Blue Access Network for 2019. This networks pairs with the long successful industry leading Empire PPO/EPO network. The Blue Access plan unifies the Pathways and Priority Network and adds 5,000 more providers. Additionally, the Blue Access network offers access to the national BlueCard PPO program. As a result of Empire Blue Cross participation in the BlueCard PPO program members enjoy unparalleled national access network to 96% of hospitals and 93% of doctors across the country. This national program will be on 18 of 28 plans below.
2 distinct networks:
- PPO/EPO Network – traditional non-gatekeeper large network of approximately 85,384 physicians, 160 facilities and the BlueCard PPO
- Blue Access Network – hybrid of broad PPO/EPO 160 facilities and similar Pathway’s 71,000 physicians network. BlueCard PPO Access from home. Examples of hospitals:
- Hospital for Special Surgery
- NY Columbia Presbyterian
- NYU Langone
- Mt Sinai Health System
- Westchester Medical Center
- Staten Island University Hospital
- SUNY Stoneybrook
- Northwell Health (formerly North Shore LIJ)
- LI Health Network
- Bon Secours
- Telemedicine will be Free on all products except H.S.A. which will cost $49.
- Vision – Empire Blue View Vision will be available on all products at no additional cost. 38,000 doctors and 27,000 locations.
- Dental – price competitive plans with 127,000 Dentists and 385,000 locations.
- Pharmacy – All plans use their large BCBS formulary Except Blue Access Plans. They will be utilizing what they call the Select Formulary. No Pharmacy deductibles.
- Preventive drugs included in all Small Group H.S.A Plans. NO DEDUCTIBLES on certain maintenance drugs for conditions like asthma, diabetes, osteoporosis, high cholesterol, heart health clots and stroke.
- Clinical Programs – health coaching/advocacy, disease management, behavioral health, maternity and Gaps in Care
- Online Resources – wellness coaching, discounts, health assessments and The Weight Center.
- Travel – BlueCard PPO national access and Blue Cross Blue Shield Global Core Program.
- Cash Rewards and Healthy Support – Wellness program offers easy ways to earn up to $700 per member, per year. Gym Reimbursement of $400 single + $400 for dependents 18+, $100 Wellness + Flu Shot, Online Wellness toolkit, up to $150 and $50 Tobacco-free certification online.
DOCTOR SEARCH: Click Here
BENEFITS SUMMARY: Empire Blue Cross 2019 Top Plans
Small Group Rates: 2019 EMPIRE BLUE CROSS Plan Grid
Drug Formulary: Click Here
Ask us about Empire’s flexible low participation voluntary group dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans. Stay proactive and contact us today for a customized consult on how your organization can prepare ahead for ACA, Benefits, Payroll and HR @ (855) 667-4621 or firstname.lastname@example.org.