Bonus Card Dental. Try Bonus Card once, you’ll love it!
Discounts on general dentistry and cleanings to Oral Surgery and Specialty Care
In most instances, members receive discounts of 15% to 50% per visit* on dental services at over 132,000** available dental practice locations nationwide. Members simply show their card with the Aetna Dental Access®logo and pay the discounted price at the time of service. Members can use their card and enjoy the savings time and time again.
- In most instances, members save 15% to 50% per visit* on services from general dentistry and cleanings to root canals and crowns.
- Over 132,000** available dental practice locations in the national network.
- Save on routine dental services such as x-rays and fillings.
- Save on specialty dental care such as orthodontics and periodontics where available.
* Actual costs and savings vary by provider, service and geographical area.
**As of June 2013.
- Dental Benefit is not available to Vermont residents.
- The discount program provides access to the Aetna Dental Access® network. This network is administered by Aetna Life Insurance Company (ALIC). Neither ALIC nor any of its affiliates offers or administers the discount program. Neither ALIC nor any of its affiliates is an affiliate, agent, representative or employee of discount program. Dental providers are independent contractors and not employees or agents of ALIC or its affiliates. ALIC does not provide dental care or treatment and is not responsible for outcomes.
Sample Discounted Fees and Savings
|Procedure Description||Usual Fee||Discounted Fee||Member Savings||% Savings|
|Routine 6 Month Check-Up||$43||$24||$19||44%|
|In Depth Check-Up||$69||$37||$32||46%|
|Full Mouth X-Rays||$114||$65||$49||43%|
|Four Bitewing X-Rays||$55||$25||$30||55%|
|Adult Teeth Cleaning||$83||$44||$39||47%|
|Child Teeth Cleaning||$62||$32||$30||48%|
|Protective Sealant / Tooth||$46||$26||$20||43%|
|1 Surface White Filling||$135||$71||$64||47%|
|Single Crown Porcelain||$981||$566||$415||42%|
|Molar Root Canal Treatment||$919||$522||$397||43%|
|Perio Scaling and Root Planning||$217||$123||$94||43%|
|Full Upper Denture||$1,353||$725||$628||46%|
* Actual Costs and savings vary by provider and geographical area. * Dental benefit not available to Vermont residents.
Insurance Versus Dental Cost Examples
The following is a comparative example between a typical insured dental plan versus the Aetna Access Dental discount plan. This illustrates the possible out of pocket costs for each.
The select regional average fee represents the average fees for the procedures listed above in Los Angeles, Orlando, Chicago and New York City, as displayed in the Estimate the Cost of Care tool as of November, 2005.
* Insurance plan based on the Aetna DMO Plan. * Actual costs and savings vary by provider and geographical area. Numbers given are regional average fees.
Sources: http://newbenefits.com – New Benefits Dental Care and Aetna Dental Access® Marketing Materials and FAQ
http://cdc.gov/OralHealth – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (statistics)
http://moreinformationplease.com – Dental Care Program Information
http://adha.org – Oral Health Statistics and Facts
http://dentalplans.com – Aetna Dental Access® Nationwide Dental Discount Program (savings information)
Not available in KS, UT, VT or WA.
Discount Medical Plan Organization:
New Benefits, Ltd.
Attn: Compliance Department
PO Box 671309
Dallas, TX 75367-1309
Coast to Coast Vision™ and UHS Chiropractic™ are owned and operated by New Benefits, Ltd.
This plan is NOT insurance. This plan does not make payments directly to the providers of medical services. The plan member is obligated to pay for all healthcare services but will receive a discount from those healthcare providers who have contracted with the discount plan organization. This plan provides discounts at certain healthcare providers for medical services. The range of discounts for medical or ancillary services provided under the plan will vary depending on the type of provider and medical or ancillary service received. Pharmacy discounts range from 10% to 85% on most medications. New Benefits will receive and retain a fee from network providers for eligible prescription, hearing, lab, and imaging purchases. The discount medical card program makes available, before purchase and upon request, a list of program providers, including the name, city, state, and specialty of each program provider located in the cardholder’s service area.
This discount card program contains a 30 day cancellation period.
FL, LA, MS, ND, OK, RI, SC, SD and TX residents: Member shall receive a full refund of membership fees, excluding registration fee, if membership is cancelled within the first 30 days after the effective date. AR and TN residents: A refund of all fees will be issued if membership is cancelled within the first 30 days. MD Residents: The membership fee and one-time registration fee (minus $5.00) will be refunded if cancelled within the first 30 days and upon return of the discount card. The plan is not insurance coverage and does not meet the minimum creditable coverage requirements under the Affordable Care Act or Massachusetts M.G.L. c. 111M and 956 CMR 5.00.
Regulated discount benefits are not available in the state of Washington, at this time.
WA residents: If a member cancels his or her membership in the discount plan organization within the first thirty days after the date of receipt of the written documents for the discount plan, the member must receive a reimbursement of all periodic charges upon return of the discount plan card to the discount plan organization.
- (A) Cancellation occurs when notice of cancellation is given to the discount plan organization. (B) Notice of cancellation is given when delivered by hand or deposited in a mailbox, properly addressed and postage prepaid to the mailing address of the discount plan organization, or e-mailed to the e-mail address of the discount plan organization.
- (A) Discount plan organization shall return in full any periodic charge charged or collected after the member has given the discount plan organization notice of cancellation. (B) If the discount plan organization cancels a membership for any reason other than nonpayment of charges by the member, the discount plan organization shall make a pro rata reimbursement of all periodic charges to the member.
If a resident of the state of Washington remains dissatisfied after completing the organization’s complaint process, the plan member may contact the office of the insurance commissioner at:
Washington Office of the Insurance Commissioner
P.O. Box 40256
Olympia, WA 98504-0256
Internet website address to obtain participating providers is MyMemberPortal.com.
For Terms and Conditions, click here.