Coronavirus Resource Dashboard
A helpful resource for our clients and their employees on the latest Coronavirus. We will continue to update these documents to make sure they are as up to date as possible.
Insights and Articles
- March 29, 2020 – President Signs $2.2 Trillion Stimulus CARES Act
- *UPDATE* March 25, 2020 – How Does My Insurance Cover Coronavirus Test
- March 24, 2020 – COVID-19 Layoffs, Furlough and Termination Issues
- March 20, 2020 – Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)
- March 18, 2020 – NY Responds to COBID-19
- March 11, 2020 – IRS Confirms High-Deductible Health Plans (HDHPs) Can Cover Coronavirus Costs – The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has announced that high-deductible health plans (HDHPs) can pay for 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)-related testing and treatment, without jeopardizing their status. This also means that an individual with an HDHP that covers these costs may continue to contribute to a health savings account (HSA).
- March 11, 2020 – How to Stay in Compliance When Employees Work Remotely
- March 10, 2020 –Does My Insurance Cover Coronavirus Test
- March 10, 2020 Coronavirus Checklist for Employers
- March 2, 2020 – Coronavirus Preparedness Plan
NYS Dept of Financial Servcies
- March 19, 2020 A Letter from DFS: Guidance on Support for Consumers and Business Impacted by COVID-19
- March 3, 2020 NYS DFS Guidance on Preparedness for COVID-19
- Information for Industry and Regulated Entities
- Unemployment Insurance (seven-day waiting period waived for Unemployment Insurance benefits for people who are out of work due to COVID-19 closures or quarantines)
NJ Dept of Banking & Insurance
- March 30, 2020 – NJ Expands Disability and Leave Benefits COVID-19
- March 22, 2020 Governor Murphy announces Departmental Actions to Expand Access to Telehealth and Tele-Mental Health Services in Response to COVID-19
- March 10, 2020 Health carriers to waive cost-sharing for medically necessary screening and testing for COVID-19
CT Dept of Insurance
- April 3, 2020- FAQs about coronavirus (COVID-19) for workers and employers – SharedWork program (provides employers with a layoff alternative)
- March 24, 2020 60-Day Grace Period for Insurance Premium Payments Due to the Disruption Caused by the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak
- March 9, 2020 Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak and Testing
Employer Forms, Letters and Policies
- Sample COVID-19 Communication to Employees
- March 28, 2020 – CARES Act Guide: Overview of Key Unemployment Provisions
- Notice of Furlough (COVID-19)
- Notice of Layoff
- Notice of Temporary Layoff
- Work From Home Agreement
- Acknowledgement of Receipt of Company Property & Financial Obligation Form
- Sample Work From Home Policy
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) are working closely together and regularly issuing updates regarding this situation.
- The Centers for Disease Control COVID-19 Dashboard
- The World Health Organization COVID-19 Dashboard
- CDC’s list of printable posters and fact sheets on protecting against respiratory illnesses
- CDC: General travel health notices
- Ready.gov: Business continuity plan
- Fisher Phillips: Comprehensive FAQs for Employers on the COVID-19 Coronavirus
SMALL BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (SBA) LOANS
- The Small Business Owner’s Guide to the CARES Act
- COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loan Application
- IRS COVID-19-Related Tax Credits for Required Paid Leave Provided by Small and Midsize Businesses FAQs
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce: Emergency Loans, Small Business Guide and Checklist
Can short term disability help us pay for an employee who is in self quarantine?
Generally, no, however check with your carrier. See check list for NY Metro area -Does My Insurance Cover Coronavirus Test
Can telemedicine help employees with the coronavirus?
Some carriers are opening telemedicine access to all beneficiaries even if their plan had not previously covered it. Check with your carrier.
Will the insurance companies charge us more for our premiums as a result of the virus?
Small groups(2-50 and 2-100 NYS) are not community-rated and will NOT see a direct impact. For large groups it is likely, however, they will not charge any employer off anniversary. Actuaries are trying to determine what the financial impact could be. We will then know what the additional cost will be on premium paying customers. Self-funded clients will also get an estimate to budget for the anticipated additional claims.
If some employees are still required to travel, what should I know about my insurance coverage?
All medical plans have coverage for out of area Urgent and Emergency services. Some cover these items better than others. The prudent thing to do is read your contract(or contact u)s on to get clarity on how services will be covered.
For international travel, we highly recommend you purchase Travel/Accident insurance. It’s cheap (although will cost more now) and can be selected by individual employee trips. Always buy the policy which provides the best emergency and evacuation services. If you need assistance getting a policy, we can help.
Could asking employees to tell us if they are sick lead to a HIPAA violation?
If an employer learns about coronavirus exposure/illness directly from the employee and not via the health plan, there are no HIPAA concerns. There are of course privacy issues and ADA concerns and care should be taken to keep a sick employee’s identity private.
Bookmark this page in order to help your business stay on top of this. Given the extremely dynamic and rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation, infomration above will be updated regularly.
With over three decades of combined experience working with all of the major insurance companies, we put business owners in the driver’s seat to buy a company policy on their terms and their budget. Most business owners enjoy the transparency and the peace of mind of an affordable group health insurance policy that’s aligned with their needs and the needs of their employees.
The information provided on this website is intended for informational purposes only. Millennium Medical Solutions Corp. does not offer legal or medical guidance. Those with legal or medical questions should seek appropriate assistance from a licensed professional.
Please contact us TODAY or schedule a demo for a customized analysis for your group-specific needs at firstname.lastname@example.org or Call (855) 667-4621.