Get Covered NJ and American Rescue Plan Act and the Extension of COVID-19 Special Enrollment Period
Governor Murphy announced an extension of the COVID-19 Special Enrollment Period for Get Covered New Jersey to May 1, 2021.
Special Enrollment Period Effective Dates:
- Enroll by March 31, coverage effective April 1
- Enroll by April 30, coverage effective May 1
- Enroll by May 15, coverage effective June 1
The American Rescue Plan – Additional Financial Relief
The new COVID-19 relief bill, the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, will reduce health insurance premiums by providing more financial help to eligible consumers who purchase a plan through Get Covered New Jersey. These changes will make coverage more affordable at many income levels:
- Increases in financial help (Advance Premium Tax Credits or APTC) for all eligible consumers. The amount of financial help is based on household income just like before, but has increased at every income level. Families making less than 150% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) – or $19,140 a year for an individual or $39,300 for a family of four – will be eligible for near zero-dollar premiums under the new law.
- New financial help for higher incomes. Previously, financial help was not available for households making more than $51,040 for an individual or $104,800 for a family of four. The new law ensures that no family spends more than 8.5% of their income on health insurance premiums. This means many individuals who previously did not qualify for financial help from the federal government may now see more affordable premiums.
- Financial help for unemployed. Additional financial help may be available for anyone who has received unemployment benefits in 2021
For more details visit the Get Covered New Jersey COVID-19 webpage at: