Recently, U.S. News and World Report released their annual top hospitals rankings. The top ten nationally were:
1. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn.
2. Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston
3. Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore
4. Cleveland Clinic
5. New York-Presbyterian Hospital-Columbia and Cornell, N.Y.
6. UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles
7. UCSF Medical Center, San Francisco
8. Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles
9. NYU Langone Hospitals, New York, N.Y.
10. Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago
They also reported regional rankings for 200 metropolitan areas and the top five hospitals in selected specialties such as Cardiology and Heart Surgery and Cancer.
The top five NY Metro Hospitals were:
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital-Columbia and Cornell, N.Y.
- NYU Langone Hospitals, New York, N.Y.
- Mount Sinai Hospital
- North Shore University Hospital
- Lenox Hill Hospital
For patients and their physicians, these rankings and ratings should be seen as just a starting point. While this is helpful information to have, benefit plan participants should also research quality hospitals using transparency tools if these services are available through the health plan or benefits package.
For information about transparency providers and new tech tools contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (855)667-4621.
Put You & Your Employees in Good Hands
Get In Touch
For more information on PEOs or a customized quote please submit your contact. We will be in touch ASAP.